Blog Info

My purpose with this blog is to interactively work through the process of writing my first young adult book, tentatively titled Perdition. The briefest way I could explain the general idea is that it's meant to be like Twilight but with a girl who's both less and more sure of herself than Bella, a ghost on a sinister mission, and a crazy extended family. Don't worry there will still be a love triangle. However, I certainly don't intend this to be a romance first. It's much more about coming-of-age, family, and loss. My plan is to work my way through the process, including research (such as reviews of other books I read for inspiration along the way), character sketches, pleas for help, and whatever else might crop up along the way. If you'd prefer just to read the book as it's developed, you can visit the secondary page. Here goes nothing...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Time Mismanagement

^Be a friend:
don't let my book
end up like this^
Just finished the first week back at school. It went great. I think coming back to writing has helped re-ignite my creativity and passion. BUT...it's also majorly cutting in on my writing time. I've been stalled out moving forward with the book, and now I'm not even blogging. I think I'm just going to have to carve some time out for myself because even though it's fun, it's also hard.  My friend Michelle says that every work day, we have two jobs 1) to go to work and 2) to go to the gym. I think I'm going to have to add a 3) write something. Otherwise, I'm not going follow through on this book and end up burying it in my graveyard of unfinished projects, next to some photo albums I started for my mom seven years ago, the cross-stitched Winnie the Pooh baby blanket for a child who is now six, and my yet to be digitized vinyl collection--to name a very few. So please, check in on me, shame me, support me...whatever. Maybe I'll write you in as a genius or model or super athlete.


No comments:

Post a Comment